Although I hardly think of myself as inspiring, the lovely and talented J.C. Martin nominated me for the Inspiring Blog Award all the way back on June 11th. Thank you, J.C.! Please check out her novel, Oracle which comes out July 30, 2012. I've read it and it is incredible!
So the rules are that I have to tell you 7 inter-related facts about myself and then nominate 7 people I find inspiring. (It was the whole inter-related thing that tripped me up--that's why it took me so long to come up with this post!) Anyway, here goes!
1. I love to drive. Have always loved to drive.
2. I do my best writing-related brainstorming while I'm driving.
3. I once drove from Atlanta, Georgia to Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania in a single day by myself. I left at 5 a.m. and arrived at 8 p.m. (If I remember correctly). I nearly got killed on a highway in South Carolina, drove through a torrential downpour in Virginia and got a flat tire at the border of Pennsylvania. Good times.
4. I once listened to Dean Koontz's False Memory while driving from Pennsylvania to Kentucky in the middle of the night. Travel tip: do not listen to creepy books while driving through West Virginia at 3 a.m. during a lightning storm. You won't sleep for a week. By the way, only hours before that I had driven from Lake Placid, New York to Philadelphia, PA and hours after I arrived in Kentucky I drove to St. Louis, Missouri.
5. I once drove from St. Louis, Missouri to Astoria, Oregon in just a few days (There was one leg of that trip where we drove straight through for 36 hours if I remember correctly) and saw a double rainbow in Western Nebraska with my dad.
6. I used to drive 40 miles each way to work and much of Finding Claire Fletcher was written in my head during those drives.
7. I even bought one of those mini-cassette recorders for the car but never once used it!
Okay, so here are my 7 nominees in no particular order:
1. Nancy S. Thompson: talented and tenacious!
2. Carrie A. Butler: blogging goddess and holy blog banners, batgirl!
3. Jeff O at The Doubting Writer: his writing is like rich, decadent chocolate!
4. Joylene Butler: overcoming incredible odds and staying committed to her writing!
5. Cassie Mae: How does she get and keep all those followers? By being herself, of course!
6. Michael Infinito: always knows exactly what to say!
7. L.G. Smith at Bards & Prophets: she is consistently intriguing!
Finally, check out this blogfest that Falling For Fiction is hosting! It sounds like great fun.
On July 16th post the first sentence from each chapter.
On July 18th post the last sentence from each chapter.
Post as many as you like, your first 3 will be judged. Get more details and sign up here.
Stay tuned for a guest post by R. Mac Wheeler!
Tags: award blogging driving "finding claire fletcher"